Monday, June 9, 2014

Three-hour Glucose Results

The three-hour test wasn't as bad as I thought it would be!  I wasn't allowed to eat or drink anything starting at midnight on Friday.  I had a "fasting" blood draw when I first got to the doctor's office, and then I drank the glucola.  The glucola was twice as strong as in the one-hour test, so that was awful.  About 15 minutes before the second blood draw, I felt like I was going to puke, but I didn't!  I was allowed to leave between each blood draw, so I ran errands and got ready for Harper's birthday party next weekend!  Once I finished with the last two blood draws, I met Mama, Granmommy, Kim, and the girls at Potpurri House for lunch.  I was soooo thirsty!  I couldn't drink or eat anything during the test time, and I've already been insatiably thirsty throughout this pregnancy.  I got the results earlier today, and they came back normal!  Dr. Newton said I will have to repeat the glucose screen around 28 weeks, which is when women normally do the test.  She said my highest glucose level was at the fasting draw, and she expects me to fail the one-hour test again.  Therefore, instead of repeating the one-hour, failing it, and then doing the three-hour, I'm just going to jump straight to repeating the three-hour screen.  Praying that comes back normal again!

No comments:

Post a Comment