Tuesday, September 29, 2015

He Knew Our Story

I am participating in a blog hopper circle with a few other ladies.  After reading my post, click on Jennifer's link at the bottom, and then follow the circle back here!

...

                                     

God has always known how our stories would be written. Before there was time, when the world was nothing, God spoke and created everything, including your story and mine.

One of the few things that I found comforting when we didn't know what was going on with Sam was that God knew how everything would turn out.  Nothing that was happening was a mistake.  I felt some peace about waiting for God to heal Sam because I knew the Lord was already there.

During the sermon at church a few weeks ago, Ross spoke about this verse...
                           

I guess I have always focused on the first part of the verse, the being God's masterpiece, created in Christ part.  Ross focused on the last part.  We were created to "do good works which God prepared in advance for us to do."  He prepared these things in advance.  Not only does God know what will happen from this point forward, He has known all along.  It's like a lightbulb went off in my head.  I had never thought about God knowing the end of my something since the beginning.

God has always known that September 22, 2014 and February 11, 2015 would be significant dates for me.  Do y'all use Timehop?  It's a cool app that pulls your posts from Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. from previous years to show you what you posted on that day.  It's just a fun way to remember what I did in years before and show the girls pictures of themselves as babies.  I got the alert that my Timehop was ready on Sam's birthday, September 22, and my stomach dropped.  I looked at my posts from two and three years ago.
 


Cute!  We took the girls to see the pigs two years ago and we saw Joe Walsh in Vegas three years ago.  I look at these pictures and think, "DANIELLE FROM TWO AND THREE YEARS AGO, YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS DATE WILL MEAN!"  But God did!  I can just imagine the Lord, who used compassionate as the first word to describe himself (Exodus 34:6), preparing me for this journey from the beginning.  Knowing from the beginning what September 22 and February 11 would mean for me.  Knowing since he breathed life into mankind that He would one day create a handsome boy named Sam Bryan.  Knowing the end since the beginning.


...

Click here to see what Jennifer has been up to this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment