Sunday, December 28, 2014

Set your hope fully

I came across this verse this morning:
 
Set your hope fully. My hope is not that Sam will tolerate these feeds well today.  It's not that he will start eating by mouth again soon. Or that we'll be home together, the five of us, again soon. It's Jesus.  

I have been crying a lot lately, and Stephen keeps asking me why. Last night, I realized something. You know when you pray, and you feel God answering or at least listening?  I don't feel like that right now. But then I was reminded of something I had read by Lysa Terkeurst before: "feelings are indicators, not dictators. They can indicate where your heart is in the moment, but that doesn't mean they have the right to dictate your behavior and boss you around."  What a comfort to know that my Lord is bigger than the circumstances we are in inside this hospital. He knows how this will turn out and when we'll be home.  Jesus is my hope. He is with us right now and will continue to be. 

Praying for joy today as we wait for complete healing of Sam's precious little body. 

No comments:

Post a Comment