Saturday, September 20, 2014

Sam's Nursery

So, I'm a huge Harry Potter nerd.  I reread the books in the spring for the sixth or seventh time, which made me really want to do a HP nursery.  When I told Stephen I wanted to do Samuel's nursery in a Harry Potter theme, he rolled his eyes and told me not to put a bunch of wizards on the walls.  

Here it is!




I found a nursery on Pinterest that used natural linen bedding and other neutral elements as the base for a little boy's nursery.  I had pinned the link to the nursery years ago and loved the peg board she used, so I had to borrow that idea.



 I love these pictures I found here on Etsy--they're advertisements for potions.



I found these here on Etsy also.  I think they're so cool!  The seller uses pages from real HP books and prints images that correspond with the chapters onto them.


My dad pieced barn wood together for me for the name sign--I am planning on framing a newborn picture of Sam onto it to fill in the blank space.  Harry's patronus was a stag, and when I found the gold deer head at Hobby Lobby, I knew I had to have it for the nursery!


I found the fabric for the sheet and blanket at Spoonflower.com.  This is an awesome fabric website--apparently you can have original images printed on fabric.  Too cool!


The fabrics on the blanket are from each of the Hogwarts houses.





I have two copies of the fourth book, and I tore pages out of one of them to make this wreath.  It kind of broke my heart a little to rip pages out of a book...



It was so fun pulling out the baby toys again, and the girls have loved playing with them already!



This is Sam's coming home outfit--can't wait to see him in it!



And apparently boys need far fewer clothes than girls--this is all we have besides a few onesies and footie pajamas.  Ha!

Two more days until we get to meet our sweet boy!!



2 comments:

  1. Just wait--Granna's coming! There will be more things to hang!! The nursery is absolutely beautiful. I can't believe you've only been sewing for a little over a year!!! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete