Monday, March 30, 2015

Happy Fourth Birthday, Emory!

Four years ago, this little girl made me a mama.


Stephen looks so young!!


I fell in love with Stephen in a completely new way as I watched him expertly change our baby's diaper for the first time, and it happens again every time he speaks so kindly and tenderly to our babies.  We love learning how to be parents at every new stage Emory enters.

...

We started our day by celebrating with a birthday donut.  Pink with prinkles, of course.


We went to iJump with our friends.  Emory tripped over the sidewalk on the way in and ate the pavement.  Poor kid.





And then we had lunch and cookie cake.




The kids played and played until we got tired and went home.



The girls painted a little.



A sweet friend brought us dinner, and then we finished off the night with a little ice cream from Andy's.

...

We did our first random act of kindness in honor of Sam.  We left ten dollars for someone else to enjoy some Andy's ice cream.


...

Here are pictures of Emory through the years...




...

My precious Emory,

You are kind-hearted, patient, compassionate, stubborn, hilarious, and tough.  You love fiercely.  You are a sweet big sister to Harper and Sam and a sweet daughter to Daddy and me.  I couldn't be more proud of you.  You ask at least a thousand questions a day.  You make me think about things I have never thought about before.  Three sounds like a little kid, but four sounds like such a big girl.  I treasure every day I have with you, and I can't wait to discover your talents and passions with you.  You still mispronounce a lot of words and say things in your own silly way, and I love it.  I love you with my whole heart.

I am so blessed and honored for you to call me Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment