Monday, March 9, 2015

Rainy Days

Well, it's raining here.  A lot.  Saturday was beautiful, so I took the girls to the park.




Emory ran into a girl from her Mother's Day Out class, so she and the girls played together for a good long time.

Yesterday and today, it rained and rained.  I saw an idea on Pinterest for kids to practice writing in shaving cream, so we busted out some cookie sheets today and smeared on some shaving cream.  


I thought keeping it all contained on a cookie sheet sounded like a brilliant plan, but the cookie sheets didn't stay in place.  I stuck some rug sticky tape on the bottom of each tray, and that helped.

Apparently a little goes a long way.  We used the rest of Stephen's can of shaving cream.  Oops!

Emory practiced writing her name.

I'm hoping and praying for a little sunshine later this week so we can get out and play!

This past week has been pretty rough for the four of us because we started getting back to real life and our reality is pretty hard to handle. Emory is struggling with understanding that heaven isn't a temporary place, and Stephen and I are praying about how to help her.  One of the hard things about losing Sam is that everyone we love lost Sam too. Please continue to pray for our family. 

1 comment:

  1. Shaving cream writing! One of my favorites. I let my 6th graders take tests in shaving cream at least once a year. Great idea, Mom! I'll be praying for understanding for Emory and peace for all of you as you and your extended family begin to formulate a new 'normal'.

    ReplyDelete